This is a prototype of an open source hardware RFID reader.
The firmware is under development and currently has partial support for ISO-14443-3 (A).
A prototype access control system is installed at the kwartzlab makerspace in Kitchener-Waterloo. Members are provided with Mifare DESFire EV1 cards and have 24/7 access.
- 13.56 MHz RFID Protocol Support:
- Communication Interfaces:
- UART (3.3V/5V)
- Two GPIO pins
- Detachable antenna (U.FL RF connector pads)
- NXP LPC11C14 Microcontroller
- TI TRF7960 RFID Transceiver
- Microchip MCP1700 LDO
- Microchip MCP2551 CAN Transceiver